In 1938 the congregation entered into an agreement with Cleveland Cliffs Iron Company under which the company took possession of the church property. Cleveland Cliffs was to maintain the property until such time when it would be necessary to move the church because of possible subsidence due to mining operations in that location.
In the spring of 1951 Cleveland Cliffs Iron Company informed the congregation that the church would be moved. The contractor removed the brick veneer and part of the steeple. The church was literally put on wheels and moved to its present site on the corner of US Highway 41 and Baldwin Avenue.
During the move, church services were held in the old Jackson School.